Director, Brand Social Strategy
Paramount+ and SHOWTIME
ViacomCBS | 2022 - present
Social Media & Audience Development Lead
Flagship Brand Team (@Disney, @Pixar, @StarWars)
The Walt Disney Company | 2017 - 2022
Social Media Lead, E! News
NBCUniversal | 2013 - 2016
LoveIt | 2012
Interactive New Media Coordinator
EQAL | 2012
Entertainment Media Fellow
GLAAD | 2011
Edward Jones | 2008 - 2010
Best Multiplatform Campaign:
Cynopsis Model D Digital Awards
2015 GEM Award
GEM - Going the Extra Mile - is the NBCUniversal employee recognition program that recognizes and rewards employees for significant accomplishments or exemplary behavior that reflects the company credo.
B.A. English, Political Science
Arizona State University
Executive Certificate: Fostering Diversity & Inclusion
Yale School of Management, 2020
The Candidly - personal essays published by the wellness brand for people who sort of hate wellness brands.
E! News - celebrity interviews, social media recaps, and more published at eonline.com
GLAAD Blog - coverage of LGBTQ+ representation in the media with daily watch guides and editorial columns.
GLAAD Network Responsibility Index Report 2011 - The GLAAD NRI is an evaluation of the quantity and quality of images of LGBTQ+ people, characters, and narratives on television. It is intended to serve as a road map toward increasing fair, accurate, and inclusive media representations.
• Last name pronounced PIER-SHAH-FEE.
• Fluent in English; "introverted teenager" level of proficiency in Spanish; toddler level proficiency in French & Farsi.
• Mom of two boys, which means she can survive on 3 hours of sleep if needed (which is often).
• Weakest member of the Islands Elementary Juggling Club 1996-1998.
• Captain of the Academic Decathlon team in high school: won 1st place in Speech, Interview, and Essay at State. (If they'd given out last place prizes, she would have won that the year that Oceanography was the Super Quiz topic as she has a life-long phobia of deep water.)
• Recovering from Eldest Daughter of Immigrant Parent Syndrome.
• Big fan of examining various identities: INFP, Persian & Mexican, first generation American, queer, millennial, suburban mom, 2w3, Capricorn with Sagittarius moon and Leo rising, etc.
• Has a framed art print of Carrie Fisher on her nightstand. (It's not autographed or anything, she just really loves her.)
• Loves em dashes almost as much as she loves parenthetical (and uses both—as you can see—excessively).
• Most frequently emojis: 😵💫😬😮💨🎉🗣
• Party tricks: A+ whistler, can say the alphabet backwards, makes the best G&T you'll ever have in your life.
• Still wants to be Indiana Jones when she grows up.